Tuesday 18 June 2013

DIY: No Sew Bum Roll!!

Good Afternoon,

When I was in the process of sorting out the skirt for my steampunk outfit I realised I needed a little more "oomph" and I knew I needed it in the the bum area. My steampunk persona is a very elegant lady that  won't be hesitant to kick some ass and every lady needs something to help her posterior look a little less... flat. Whether it be from the aid of a bustle (fabric or metal) hoop skirt or a bum roll, a lady needs one and a bum roll just happened to be the easiest to make quickly.

First you need your material. Luckily my mum had just found a ghastly bed sheet made out of a horrible material and padded poorly. It was perfect for me though.

 I took one side of the bedsheet, length ways and cut into it from the very edge. I'm not very precise and just eye-balled how much I  would cut down the length of the bedsheet that would wrap around my but nicely. Once I reached my desired width I cut across the bedsheet to the opposite side.

I then used the frilly decoration to make a ribbon that would wrap around my waist, make sure you cut four smaller ones too. I laid the long one out on the piece of material I cut, across one of the smallest sides making sure the middle of the "ribbon" was in the middle of the material. I then rolled the material up so it became a big roll, thankfully due to the extra padding provided by the material the  roll was quite large. I then kept the roll shape intact while I bent the ribbon and roll slightly as if it was tied to my waist. I then took two of the smaller ribbons from earlier and tied it around the roll and big ribbon on either end to secure the roll.


Then repeat the cutting process just this time a bit smaller. Just roll it up and place next to the bent roll I  just made and used the remaining ribbons from before to tie that roll to the first one. I stopped there but you could carry on if you want.

This is so quick and easy to do as well as being so adjustable. It's a great way to add something extra to a halloween costume, a fancy dress party, or just a day out looking like a lady.
Thanks for reading and let me know how it goes,
Rainiepie

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You! After walking around glastonbury I realised that sewing the straps that go around the two rolls would of been more secure as the last roll slipped out of a strap a couple of times, so if you want to make it and plan on using it for a whole day I recommend getting the needle and thread out!!

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete