Wednesday 10 July 2013

Glastonbury Festival 2013 Haul


Hello Readers!!

So it was Glastonbury Festival a couple of weeks ago now and I wanted to share all the goodies that I bought!

Because there was so much stuff and it's such a hassel getting all of the pictures on here, I decided to put together a little video with me wearing it all and I'll talk about it all here. The music is by a friend of mine, Rayven Radella Jackson, who wrote it, played it and sung it. Wasn't meant to take it but it's so great I had to use it! Her originals and covers are amazing so please go check out her Soundcloud and her YouTube because she's a cutie ;)


Outerwear
 Firstly I got a jumper and cardigan from this one vintage shop where everything was £7 and £10 for two, So I got those, considering I watched the film Dirtysomething and made me fall in love with their style. I plan on making a post about this film on my media blog so keep an eye out there!!

Tops
These are the ones I got the most of so here we go:

  • First one is the Official Glastonbury Festival 2013 t-shirt which is a scoop neck, woman's fit. I accidentally got a little bleach on the collar. Oops. I think the price was £15. Not too certain. Sorry 
  • Second one is a leaf styled Elfish top. It was from a stall that has been called SuSu Mama every festival since I was about 4 apart from this year and I can't remember the new name or price but I'm pretty sure it was £10 and on online shop it's £15
  • Third one was the Gypsy long sleeved top. There was family there that was advertising one of the guys' traditional gypsy caravan making business and one of the women there decided to put a bunch of her old clothes out in a jumble, £1 for everything. I bought a few other things from there too but I'll get to that later.
  • Last one is a sheer victorian frilly top. I love this and although it's a bit too big I'll still wear it. I'm now in love with collar/  necklines that are high around the back but leave the front with plenty of space. I have a bad gag reflex that makes it impossible to wear anything that goes near the front of my neck. Aaanyway. Shops in Glastonbury can no longer legally sell clothes from 3pm monday. So I hurried around on Monday at about 12:00 to try and grab all the sales. I found  a £1 bin bought my sister a vest and this top. They had the same top in a deep purple and I regret not buying that one too. 


Bottoms
Okay so I didn't get many but here they are:


  • First one up is my Harlem Style trousers. They were big on fashion and everywhere. Unfortunately the normal price ranged from £15-£25 and the bottom end either didn't have elastic or was too small. Ideally, I would of got them in a more floral or "hippy patched" style but when I found these on a £5 rail I just grabbed them and bought it. I also accidentally got bleach on this too but it's more noticeable, sooooo i'm going to put some thin bleach and water in a spray bottle and spritz away. 
  • The leather trousers were from the £1 gypsy jumble and it's 100% real leather and lining is just some horrible plastic material. It's also very muddy and needs a wash!
  • The leather skirt was from one of the many vintage stalls and was £10 and also 100% real leather. I've already taken the lining out as I plan on using the leather from both the trousers and skirt to create my own leather tribal clothes. I saw quite a lot of stuff like that at the festival and at the Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire earlier this year on holiday, problem was, it was insanely expensive. I've been looking for inspiration and started a board on Pinterest with the tribal theme. 

Dresses
 I didn't as many as dresses either, here are the ones I got:

  • The first one shown is a costume set. It has a long dress that is slightly sheer and not too tacky material. It came with a waistcoat, corset kind of item. I love the style of it but it's very cheap, the material is a fake velvet that isn't too horrible to touch but the front is lines with foam that makes me cringe when I think of touching it and the rope is cheap too and has no kind of lining but I can use this as a pattern too make my own. It also came with a capae that isn't too bad, it's again cheap fake velvet but's very soft and really not an awkward length. There was also a headband with some brown plaits that came with it but I lost it when I was wearing it the day I bought it. Oops :p I got it all for £3 which I thought was a very decent price. The dress and cape will be good for other costumes and the corset can be a pattern and I can get rid of that horrible foam *shiver*. 
  • The third one is a poofy party dress from the same vintage shop as the leather skirt id from. I can't remember if this was £8 or £10 though. I really liked this one and It wasn't falling as much as strapless dresses usually do on me and didn't make my shoulders look so big. I loved the tutu skirt so much as well.
  • The third one is a long elfish dress from another £1 bin on Monday morning because the zip at the back is broken and stuck but i'm sure it can easily be fixed or removed and replaced with stretchy lace or something like that :) The dress was just a bit too big and long but the straps can be sorted. I think the length would of been alright if it flowed out a bit at the hips and was less pin straight so I think I'll try and adjust the length to make it shorter.

I also proudly showed you my new tankard from glastonbury as well :)

I had loads of problems with my camera deciding to not charge and run out of battery constantly so during the waits I got quite board and made a few differences to my appearance so sorry for that. So I was very spoiled and most of this was bought by my parents and i'm very grateful. Okay I hope you enjoyed watching the video and reading about all the lovely stuff I got and you got to see the other kind of style that i'm really into in this post. Expect outfits I wore to teh festival soon, once I grab teh pictures from mum and my friend as wekk as dress up again for some other photos. :)

See you then
Rainiepie





No comments:

Post a Comment