Saturday 11 May 2013

I'm Just Clowning Around

Hello Readers,
Make up is something I think is absolutely wonderful. You can change your whole look and identity with just a few strokes of colour here and there. I'm not someone who wears make up on a regular bases, partly because i'm lazy and partly because I don't want my make up to run out too quickly because I'm very cheap, though it's mostly laziness. I still enjoy putting it on my face and others' though.

In the last month I transformed myself in to a clown twice, once with friends and once when I was going to be a dark fairy before getting carried away. I just thought I'd show you the results.


The first clown make up I did was with my friends and we just said lets be clowns and went with it. Laura (left) had a really cool one eye thing and Emily (centre) did a point above the eye without going around the eyes thing that I loved. My make up (right) didn't come out well but I did like the diamond on my nose.

The second time I tried I didn't start of wanting to be a clown so it's not extreme clownish but I liked it, I'm smiling here so the lines a bit crooked. I also stole the point idea from Emily because they were so good. I ran out of white face powder when I was doing make up with friends so that's why there isn't any here.
                                                      Of course I also did a silly pose
(Ugh my roots really need doing)

I've always loved the circus look and vibe but my love was re-awakened last year when I finally got round to reading The Night Circus and my boyfriend introduced me to an amazing film called The Devil's Carnival and then I got into Emilie Autumn after years of my friend persuading me and I saw Captain Maggot and I loved her instantly. So since last year I have just loved the clown look. I've always loved the thought of being in the circus because I did poi when I was little and did a mini trapeze lesson at Glastonbury Festival, I also bought a hoop and practiced with that. It wasn't until last year when my love for clowns grew.

So i'm sorry the pictures aren't very good and I know I'm not the best to look at but I wanted to keep a record of my clown inspired make up. Tell me what you think of the clown look, do you like it? is it too outlandish? comment bellow :)

Thanks for reading,
Rainiepie

No comments:

Post a Comment